Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Workshop Refection :)

If I was going to construct a Power Point I would take note of a number of things discussed tonights workshop on visual aspects of presentations, web pages etc. How begin sentences, the color contrast on the page, try and limit unwanted distractions, using columns, the size of my text, the font (serif) etc. I think when it comes to the text, less can be more. It is important to get your points across without diluting them with unnecessary information.
If comparing different aged dinosaurs etc. I would’t place more than two pictures on one slide as it might become distracting. I think I would start the presentation with something to capture the class’s attention, a movie clip or animation. Then give some basic information followed by slides where they can just compare features by making observations. Depending on the images a dark background or a light background would be used to help the pictures stand out and emphasis text. These are just a few things that would help make the presentation easy to follow and an effective learning tool.

No comments: